Monday 11 November 2013

Tuesday, November 12, 2013. 
Today's Liturgical Reading by Daily Flash, Goa. 
Feast of St. Josaphat. 





Wisdom 2:23 - 3:9; Psalm 33[34]:2-3, 16-19; Gospel : Luke 17:7-10. [Please share today's Gospel with family,friends/neighbors.]


Focus: "We are worthless slaves; we have done only what we ought to have done!" (Luke 17:10)


Many of us are diligent and conscientious workers doing "all that (we are) ordered to do" (Luke 17:10). Usually the satisfaction of a job well done is enough for us. However, we sometimes have to face difficulties and obstacles that make a task much more complicated. It is at such times that we expect a pat on the back from our boss or supervisor. If they do not notice we may even become sad or discouraged. 

This has happened to me on occasions, and it is then that the Holy Spirit reminds me of today's Gospel. When we are doing everything for the love of God, it should not matter if no one notices or commends us for it. I am also reminded that it was God who helped me in overcoming the difficulties I faced in the process of completing the task when I called upon Him for help. As long as God is pleased with my effort why should I worry about whether others notice or not?

Another comforting thought is that my reward will be waiting for me when I am welcomed by the Lord at the end of my life with the words, "Well done, good and trustworthy slave" (Mathew 25:21). He knows all things and sees all things. 

Fruit: What is God calling me to do today? Let me strive to do it without expecting a reward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment