Monday 2 December 2013

Tuesday, December 03, 2013. 
Today's Liturgical Reading by Daily Flash, Goa. 
Feast of Saint Francis Xavier, 
Principal Patron of the East Indies and of the Missions. 



First Reading : Ezekiel 3:16-21; Second Reading : Psalm 116[117]:1-2; 1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-23; Gospel : Mark 16:15-20. [Please share today's Gospel.]

First Reading : Ezekiel 3:16-21 

The Lord Appoints Ezekiel as a Lookout

16 After the seven days had passed, the Lord spoke to me. 17 “Mortal man,” he said, “I am making you a lookout for the nation of Israel. You will pass on to them the warnings I give you. 18 If I announce that someone evil is going to die but you do not warn him to change his ways so that he can save his life, he will die, still a sinner, but I will hold you responsible for his death. 19 If you do warn an evil man and he doesn't stop sinning, he will die, still a sinner, but your life will be spared.
20 “If someone truly good starts doing evil and I put him in a dangerous situation, he will die if you do not warn him. He will die because of his sins—I will not remember the good he did—and I will hold you responsible for his death. 21 If you do warn a good man not to sin and he listens to you and doesn't sin, he will stay alive, and your life will also be spared.”

Psalm 117:1-2

Praise the Lord, all nations!
Praise him, all peoples!
His love for us is strong,
and his faithfulness is eternal.
Praise the Lord!

Second Reading : 

Psalm 116;

Someone Saved from Death Praises God

116 I love the Lord, because he hears me;
    he listens to my prayers.
He listens to me
    every time I call to him.
The danger of death was all around me;
    the horrors of the grave closed in on me;
    I was filled with fear and anxiety.
Then I called to the Lord,
    “I beg you, Lord, save me!”
The Lord is merciful and good;
    our God is compassionate.
The Lord protects the helpless;
    when I was in danger, he saved me.
Be confident, my heart,
    because the Lord has been good to me.
The Lord saved me from death;
    he stopped my tears
    and kept me from defeat.
And so I walk in the presence of the Lord
    in the world of the living.
10 I kept on believing, even when I said,
    “I am completely crushed,”
11 even when I was afraid and said,
    “No one can be trusted.”
12 What can I offer the Lord
    for all his goodness to me?
13 I will bring a wine offering to the Lord,
    to thank him for saving me.
14 In the assembly of all his people
    I will give him what I have promised.
15 How painful it is to the Lord
    when one of his people dies!
16 I am your servant, Lord;
    I serve you just as my mother did.
You have saved me from death.
17 I will give you a sacrifice of thanksgiving
    and offer my prayer to you.
18-19 In the assembly of all your people,
    in the sanctuary of your Temple in Jerusalem,
    I will give you what I have promised.
Praise the Lord! 

1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-23; 

16 I have no right to boast just because I preach the gospel. After all, I am under orders to do so. And how terrible it would be for me if I did not preach the gospel!17 If I did my work as a matter of free choice, then I could expect to be paid; but I do it as a matter of duty, because God has entrusted me with this task. 18 What pay do I get, then? It is the privilege of preaching the Good News without charging for it, without claiming my rights in my work for the gospel. 19 I am a free man, nobody's slave; but I make myself everybody's slave in order to win as many people as possible.

22 Among the weak in faith I become weak like one of them, in order to win them. So I become all things to all people, that I may save some of them by whatever means are possible. 23 All this I do for the gospel's sake, in order to share in its blessings.

Gospel : Mark 16:15-20.

15 He said to them, “Go throughout the whole world and preach the gospel to all people. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 Believers will be given the power to perform miracles: they will drive out demons in my name; they will speak in strange tongues; 18 if they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be harmed; they will place their hands on sick people, and these will get well.”

Jesus Is Taken Up to Heaven

19 After the Lord Jesus had talked with them, he was taken up to heaven and sat at the right side of God. 20 The disciples went and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and proved that their preaching was true by the miracles that were performed.

Focus: "Go throughout the whole world and preach the gospel to all people" (Mark 16:15).

Fruit: Can I be like Francis Xavier and Paul? How will I use every opportunity I get to make Jesus known to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment