Thursday 5 December 2013

Friday, December 06, 2013. 
Today's Liturgical Reading by Daily Flash, Goa. 
Feast of Saint Nicholas. 



First Reading : Isaiah 29:17-24; Second Reading : Psalm 26[27]:1, 4, 13-14; Gospel : Matthew 9:27-31. [Please share today's Gospel.]

First Reading : Isaiah 29:17-24; 

Blessing after Discipline

17 
Is it not yet just a little while

Before Lebanon will be turned into a fertile field,
And the fertile field will be considered as a forest?
18 
On that day the deaf will hear words of a book,
And out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind will see.
19 
The afflicted also will increase their gladness in the Lord,
And the needy of mankind will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
20 
For the ruthless will come to an end and the scorner will be finished,
Indeed all who are intent on doing evil will be cut off;
21 
Who cause a person to be indicted by a word,
And ensnare him who adjudicates at the gate,
And defraud the one in the right with 

meaningless arguments.
22               Therefore thus says the Lord, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob:
“Jacob shall not now be ashamed, nor shall his face now turn pale;
23 
But when he sees his children, the work of My hands, in his midst,
They will sanctify My name;
Indeed, they will sanctify the Holy One of Jacob
And will stand in awe of the God of Israel.
24 
“Those who err in mind will know the truth,
And those who criticize will accept instruction.

Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14

A Psalm of David.


27 
The Lord is my light and my salvation;

Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the defense of my life;
Whom shall I dread?
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek:

That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord


13 
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord

In the land of the living.
14 
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.
Second Reading : Read Psalm 26 


Gospel : Matthew 9:27-31.

27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out, “Have mercy on us,Son of David!” 28 When He entered the house, the blind men came up to Him, and Jesus *said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They *said to Him, “Yes, Lord.”29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, [a]It shall be done to you according to your faith.”30 And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them: “See that no one knows about this!” 31 But they went out and spread the news about Him throughout all that land.

Focus: "But they went out and spread the news about Him throughout all that land." (Matthew 9:31)

Fruit: Disobedience, even in a good cause, may necessarily be what the Lord wants from us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment