Wednesday 11 December 2013

Thursday, December 12, 2013. 
Today's Liturgical Reading by Daily Flash, Goa. 
Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. 


First Reading : Isaiah 41:13-20; Second Reading : Psalm 144[145]:1, 9-13; Gospel : Matthew 11:11-15. [Please share today's Gospel.]

First Reading : Isaiah 41:13-20; 
13 
“For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand,

Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’
14 
“Do not fear, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel;
I will help you,” declares the Lord, “and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.
15 
“Behold, I have made you a new, sharp threshing sledge with double edges;
You will thresh the mountains and pulverize them,
And will make the hills like chaff.
16 
“You will winnow them, and the wind will carry them away,
And the storm will scatter them;
But you will rejoice in the Lord,
You will glory in the Holy One of Israel.
17 
“The afflicted and needy are seeking water, but there is none,

And their tongue is parched with thirst;
I, the Lordwill answer them Myself,
As the God of Israel I will not forsake them.
18 
“I will open rivers on the bare heights
And springs in the midst of the valleys;
I will make the wilderness a pool of water
And the dry land fountains of water.
19 
“I will put the cedar in the wilderness,
The acacia and the myrtle and the olive tree;
I will place the juniper in the desert
Together with the box tree and the cypress,
20 
That they may see and recognize,
And consider and gain insight as well,
That the hand of the Lord has done this,
And the Holy One of Israel has created it.


Psalm 145:1, 9-13
The Lord Extolled for His Goodness.

A Psalm of Praise, of David.

145 I will extol You, my God, O King,
And I will bless Your name forever and ever.

The Lord is good to all,
And His mercies are over all His works.
10 All Your works shall give thanks to You, O Lord,
And Your godly ones shall bless You.
11 They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom
And talk of Your power;
12 To make known to the sons of men [d]Your mighty acts
And the glory of the majesty of [e]Your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is [f]an everlasting kingdom,
And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.

Second Reading : Also read Psalm 144 

Gospel : Matthew 11:11-15


11 Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come. 15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Focus: "Do not fear, I will help you." (Isaiah 41:13)

Fruit: When assailed by fear let us remember who is with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment