Friday 20 December 2013

Saturday, December 21, 2013. 
Today's Liturgical Reading by Daily Flash, Goa. 
Feast of Saint Peter Canisius.


First Reading : Song 2:8-14 or Zephaniah 3:14-18; Second Reading : Psalm 32[33]:2-3, 11-12, 20-21; Gospel : Luke 1:39-45. [Please share today's Gospel.]

First Reading : Song 2:8-14 or Zephaniah 3:14-18; 

Song of Solomon 2:8-14


“Listen! My beloved!
Behold, he is coming,
Climbing on the mountains,
Leaping on the hills!
“My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag.
Behold, he is standing behind our wall,
He is looking through the windows,
He is peering through the lattice.
10 “My beloved responded and said to me,
Arise, my darling, my beautiful one,
And come along.
11 ‘For behold, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
12 ‘The flowers have already appeared in the land;
The time has arrived for pruning the vines,
And the voice of the turtle dove has been heard in our land.
13 ‘The fig tree has ripened its figs,
And the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance.
Arise, my darling, my beautiful one,
And come along!’”
14 “O my dove, in the clefts of the rock,
In the secret place of the steep pathway,
Let me see your form,
Let me hear your voice;
For your voice is sweet,
And your form is lovely.”

Or 

Zephaniah 3:14-18


14 Shout for joy, O daughter of Zion!
Shout in triumph, O Israel!
Rejoice and exult with all your heart,
O daughter of Jerusalem!
15 The Lord has taken away His judgments against you,
He has cleared away your enemies.
The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst;
You will fear disaster no more.
16 In that day it will be said to Jerusalem:
Do not be afraid, O Zion;
Do not let your hands fall limp.
17 “The Lord your God is in your midst,
A victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.
18 “I will gather those who grieve about the appointed feasts—
They came from you, O Zion;
The reproach of exile is a burden on them.

Psalm 33:2-3, 11-12, 20-21

Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre;
Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings.
Sing to Him a new song;
Play skillfully with a shout of joy.

11 The counsel of the Lord stands forever,
The plans of His heart from generation to generation.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
The people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance.

20 Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart rejoices in Him,
Because we trust in His holy name.

Second Reading : Also read Psalm 32; 


Gospel : Luke 1:39-45

Mary Visits Elizabeth



39 Now at this time Mary arose and went in a hurry to the hill country, to a city of Judah,40 and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.42 And she cried out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me? 44 For behold, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy. 45 And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord.”


Focus: "I will gather those who grieve" (Zephaniah 3:18)

Fruit: Let me share the baby Jesus in my heart with at least one person who needs help and lighten the burden in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment